Monday, March 17, 2008

Travel Approval and Baby Shower and Random Thoughts

We got our TA today!!!!! Yea!!! After speaking with our agency, it looks like we will leave around the 10th of April! Only 3 weeks until we are on a plane headed to China to meet our daughter!! While I was at work today my coworkers gave me a surprise baby shower . To say that I was surprised is an understatement! It was wonderful! There was food, friends and gifts-much better than the careplans that I should have been looking over at work. One person took pictures for me and I will post them after I receive them. I am not sure why, but I always feel odd having a party in my honor. The afternoon was really fun and a much needed break. The gifts are wonderful and I will post some pictures later. Everybody has been so nice over the past 2 weeks and their generosity is a bit overwhelming. Perfect strangers to friends and aquaintances have all amazed me with their well wishes and interest in our adoption. Adopting internationally is different than being pregnant...I didn't have to have my belly rubbed, nobody commented or asked how I was feeling on a particular day, and I did not have strangers ask me about when I was due or give me random advice. I could choose who I would share the information with and could not share if I didn't want to. After we bring Vivian home, I am going to get the strangers talking to me and asking questions. There will be times that I will be out with my daughter and have people stare at us, maybe even have them wonder if she is my daughter or not. This will also be strange to me, as I know that Vivian is my daughter and can't imagine any other child being my daughter. I guess what I am rambling on about...is this- I am truly lucky and blessed to have such great friends and to be able to be a mommy to Vivian. I am off to bed as it will be an early morning for me since I still have work to do before clinical starts.

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Sounds like you are blessed with many friends and a great life. I am sure you are looking forward to forever family day!

Precious Panda
Alyson LID 01/27/06