Friday, April 11, 2008

One more night....

until I get to hold my sweet Vivian! Okay, I am not sure if it is adjusting to the time or just plain excitement, but it is 5am and I am wide awake!! I slept better last night than the night before. The beds are very firm and low! (not too bad-unless you really like a soft bed) Yesterday we toured Beijing. The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, a silk factory, saw an acrobatic show, Hutong tour and had a couple of fabulous meals! It was a busy 12 hours of touring and we were all exhausted by the end. Any of you that are members of our Yahoo group know all the details as told by my husband....I will not even try to give you details-he is a professional writer and kicks my butt in that area. I am so glad that I have him to help me document all the details for Vivian to see and hear about when she is older. We are travelling with 18 other families currently. So we are a very large group and make quite an impression when we are out and about in China. Today we are driving a little over 2 hours to get to the Great Wall and stopping on the way at a jade factory. We are also scheduled to visit the Sacred Way (the entrance to the tombs), but may skip that portion as we have some small children in our group and yesterdays tour really wore them out. I think the touring actually wore out most of us "big kids" also!! Our flight leaves Beijing at 7:20 tomorrow morning....so early night for us tonight. Peter just reminded me that we have 36 hours left until Vivian! I am going to go now-but feel free to ask any questions that you have and Peter and I will try to answer them. It is kind of surreal to think that our last day as a couple before we are parents will be spent walking on the Great Wall! It is an awesome thought and we could not be more excited!!

PS- I am working with Peter on the chopstick thing and he isn't as bad as he says he is! : )

No comments: