Sunday, April 6, 2008

We leave tomorrow!

I wanted to do a post each day this week counting down to the day we leave.....as you can tell I did not get a chance to do that. I was so busy this week and can't tell you anything that I did except pack, repack, and finish up at work. I guess that is enough to keep me busy. People keep asking me if I am ready. I feel silly saying "not really" after having over a 2 year wait and we thought it would be under a year, but it is true. I can also tell you that if I had another month to wait I could still say "not really". I will be preparing for the trip until I walk out the door and then continue when we get back. If I got every detail done that I feel might need to be done I would have either drove my husband crazy or had to be on medication for my anxiety. I prioritized what needed to be done and paced myself. During the "hard" months of waiting I did not get a lot accomplished. My heart would not let me and I had to preserve my strength for when I needed it. I can tell you that the month between referral and travel is the shortest and longest all at the same time. There is more paperwork than I thought there would be. I will end my ramblings now so I can get ready for church and will try to write one more time before we are in China. I will be updating the yahoo group daily while in China and might post here also if I can.

So, Am I ready?!

Ready enough!!! Let's go to China!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! My name is Melissa & I am from Portland, Maine & now live in Gray Maine. See me @ littlesebagmaine.blogspot.com. I am following my sister & brither in law in Florida as they adopt from China too! EXCITING times!! See thei blog @ alyzabethan.blogspot.com.
Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Melissa